Thursday, July 1, 2010

Aujourd'hui.

Today was the first day of classes. I knew I was going to get placed into a lower class than last time. Yesterday we took the placement test, and I got SO nervous during the oral part. The woman I had was stern, and I kept stammering. Whoops.

So I got placed into Group 3. Last month I was in group 4. Trying not to get to bent out of shape about it. I'm here to learn french, and it doesn't matter which group I'm in as long as I'm still learning. There's a lot more diversity in my classes this time around, which is awesome. There are people from South Korea, one from Ghana and Argentina, Spain, China, Sweden. All in my class! Spanish to french is the hardest accent for me to understand. They pronounce everything differently. All of the swedish girls look the same. It's kinda creepy. Tall, thin, and blonde.

Today we went over adjectives, and it seemed like people struggled a little bit. If it doesn't get more interesting I'm going to see if I can get bumped up. I'm not very good at communicating and expressing myself orally, but I can read and write. Or at least I thought I could..

Speaking is getting easier and easier. I just have to stop being so shy and put myself out there. I'm in France and should make as many mistakes as possible. More mistakes I make here, the less I'll make aux etats-unis.

Today was sooo hot and humid. Feels like I haven't even left Iowa! Saturday I'm going to Saint Jean de Luz, which is on the coast, and I'm super pumped. I get to see Nate in Bordeaux a week from tomorrow for my birthday weekend. This month is gonna be a good one. I'll be home before you all know it on July 28th :)

P.S. Last night I made dinner for two of my friends in the dorms. One of them is sick with what I think I had at the beginning. I remember how awful I felt, so I made him homemade chicken noodle soup and another friend assisted me. We also bought some brie cheese for dessert, which was SO good. Also made avocado boats as an appetizer. Spiffy stuff to with chicken noodle soup huh? Chicken noodle soup is a cure all. My friend felt better already today a cause de moi. Not to give myself too much credit or anything.. It is my mom's recipe! She can cook!!... sometimes.

No comments: