Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Paris. Day one.

Sorry again folks. It's been busy!

What a weekend, sejour a Paris. I don't know where to start. We did so much stuff.

I'll commence with Friday. I had to wake up at around 5 am, bright and early. Marched over to a friend's house down the street to mooch off her prepaid taxi. Driver faire la bised (kissing the cheek thing the french do) us, which was weird on so many levels. One, he's a taxi driver and not familiar? Two, it was 5:45 in the morning. Ungodly hour. Three, we're americans. He knows we don't do that. After the incident and our confusion he remarked "It's very freeensh." Just like that. In english.

Train left around 6:15 am. Arrived at around 11:45 pm. Had free time until four pm. My roomie and I for the trip wandered around our little slice of Paris near the hotel. There was a fresh market literally right down the street from the hotel. We purchased baguette, cheese, cherries (my fave!!!) and cold, fresh white wine for lunch and picniced on a bench. The wine place there was so, so good. We bought a 5 euro wine from Nantes, and it was amazing.

After lunch and wandering around, we met up with USAC at four to tour around the latin quarter. Saw le Jardin de Luxembourg and the Sorbonne. Roomie and I had delicious sushi and it was moins cher. I tried bright red lipstick for the first time in awhile. Red is becoming my new favorite color. Need to get mehself some.

No comments: